Friday, March 5, 2010

March 5 - Fashionable or Frumpy?

So I've decided to take part in the Fashionable vs. Frumpy challenge at Mommy Quit Her Day Job so here we go!

OUTFIT #1




My thoughts on this outfit:


Pros:

It is probably one of my most favourite outfits to wear when the weather is very cold. I can layer a thin t-shirt underneath it for extra warmth as I tend to ALWAYS be colder than everyone else! I like that this outfit is somewhat versatile and can be either dressed up with black pants or dressed down with jeans.

Cons:

Because it is thicker like a vest I cannot wear it with my fitted winter coat (I cannot do up the zipper). If I am planning on being outside I need to wear my larger weather coat (which I hate) and then I am too hot! It also has a hood which gets in the way with the hood on my winter coat. Finally, I find the sweater makes me look flat chested, and if you have small boobs like me you don't need any more shrinkage in that area! LOL!

What it cost:


Sweater-vest - Purchased at KOHL'S in Michigan

Regular $40.00 USD
Sale Price $17.99 USD
15% off discount $2.70 (with KOHL'S charge card)
Tax 6% $0.92
Sub Total $16.21
Paid $10.00 KOHL'S CASH (earned from previous shopping)
Total = $6.21 USD
CDN conversion @ 1.08
Final Total = $6.71!!!

Jeans - Purchased at Old Navy (Boxing Day 2009)
Regular $39.50
Sale Price $15.00
25% off discount $5.00 (from oldnavyweekly.com)
Tax 13% $1.30
Total = $11.30!!!

Total Outfit cost: $18.01!

Finally what are your thoughts? Does it look as cheap as it costs? Do I look like a 28 year old mom or a 28 year old trying to be 16? (I did buy the sweater from the "Juniors" section of the store as the Woman's section is a bit to conservative for me or geared towards "the working business woman" type.)

3 comments:

Cheryl on March 5, 2010 at 3:23 PM said...

This is awesome! I love the total outfit cost. We make a yearly trip to Michigan too (can't beat those prices)

I would say this is pretty fashionable and yes it does look like you're 28 (not 16). You did better than me!

Thanks for participating

Anonymous said...

I really like the outfit! It looks comfortable but not frumpy. Fashionable, for sure. :)

Anonymous said...

PS - I was not able to post my comment in Firefox. When the word verification pane came up, I couldn't see the whole word or the box to enter it in. In Internet Explorer I was able to scroll down by selecting the text, but not in Firefox.

 

This Housewife's Life Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon