Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Renovations Suck!

For the past 6 years we have been living through renovations. Yes, 6 YEARS! When we first purchased our house it was a complete disaster and they were necessary throughout the ENTIRE house. We have always seemed to take an "all or nothing" approach when it comes to renovations and they completely consume our "free" time. During the past 6 years we have had 2 children so naturally we have to put projects on hold. Well the time has finally come where we are getting close to the end of the interior projects!!! In just 1 short month the "major" work should be done and just minor jobs will be left over to do over the next year.

The biggest change was moving the laundry room to the basement so that I could have a stockpile/office space room. The stockpile part is up and running how it should be, which is a huge relief to my husband since his closet isn't barfing out toilet paper anymore. Since I have found the wonderful world of coupons 2 years ago this was a much needed change. Having a stockpile has been the greatest for us since we live in the country and don't have a Wal-Mart around the corner. Not to mention I got most of my stockpile for FREE or next to nothing. Yes, you read right FREE! (I will post my deals on here as I get them.)

The office part will be up and running at Christmas. Two of my gifts this year are a laptop and wireless router (I know, I know I shouldn't know this but I do) so it can't be finished until I have these two things.

On a side note got some great news today, twice!

1) Received $150.00 rebate cheque from our Energy Audit (didn't expect this until after we had the follow-up audit)
2) I will be getting a cheque for about $800.00 from Reliance! Long story short - for the past 6 years we have been paying for someone else's water heater rental. We OWN ours. I am glad to be wiping my hands free from this company.

Monica

0 comments:

 

This Housewife's Life Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon