Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Shopping

So we got the camera at Shoppers for $59.89 (tax was charged on the full price of $229.99 before $200.00 redemption). Stupid thing requires us to buy a memory card and this is also a Christmas gift so I can't post any pictures until then. I would however like to give my husband's head a shake as he forgot to use his Shopper's Mastercard to pay for the difference so we lost out on a lot of points. Oh course this is MY FAULT that he forgot because I didn't tell him to use it. Idiot. The only reason why we got the card was to USE AT SHOPPERS. *Sigh*

On another note we did get a few more gifts crossed off the list at Toys R' Us where we received terrible customer service. The cashier helped another customer before us and 2 employees while waiting on us which is very annoying while shopping with 2 kids. We were also using 2 coupons - 1 $5.00 off any Nintendo product and 1 $10 off when you spend $50 and he gave us a lecture about how he was only supposed to use 1 coupon so he was doing us a favour. Whatever guy, ring in 2 separate transactions there are 2 of us here if its such a problem. I don't need a teenager explaining coupon policies to me as I probably know more about store policies than 90% of the cashiers that work at these stores. I hate cashiers that act like they are doing you a favour by accepting your coupons. The coupon does not come off your paycheque the company gets reimbursed 100%. Anyway then the cashier proceeds to ask my husband to donate some money for some charity and when he refused the cashier had a bit of a hissy fit stating "My brother had cancer and they really helping out our family but whatever" and was slamming our stuff around while his finished checking us out. I'm sorry for his brother and cancer has touched both mine and my husband's family too but this was totally uncalled for. If we gave money to every person that asked us for a donation we would have nothing left to buy Christmas presents! I am not opposed to giving donations in fact I donate to the food bank whenever I can and I'm anticipating the high school coming again this year for donations which I plan to give generously when that happens. It just pisses me off when people who work in customer service are rude. IT IS YOUR JOB TO GIVE GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. If you don't like it find another line of work! Geesh! I also believe in karma, so I'm sure that this employee will get his karma payback eventually.

We also hit 2 McDonald's this weekend to use up the last of our FREE fries & ice cream coupons for the kids that were expiring November 30th. Both times we asked for the ice cream to be in cups and both times were handed cones. When we asked for it to be corrected they simply flipped the ice cream (cone and all) over into a cup and rudely shoved it back at us. WTF! Maybe people are jealous that we are smart shoppers and get awesome deals???

0 comments:

 

This Housewife's Life Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon