Tuesday, December 1, 2009

1 Month Left!

Ah, it's December 1st. 1 month left to a fresh new start, a new year. I'm particularity excited for 2010 as this is the year we are going to *pay off* or pay down significantly our credit line. After this month we will be implementing our new budget for 2010 which I'm very excited about. Ever since I turned 18 and got my first credit card debt has been adding up with zero intention of paying it off until a few years ago when we decided I would be leaving the workforce to take care of our children. Add my stupid spending with Blake's and you got a hot mess. We have been working extremely hard at paying off our massive $65,000 of consumer debt and got it down to $18,000. We decided over the summer that we would continue to live at our current residence until Zack turned 10(another 6 years) and it would be necessary to do some home renovations to make it livable. We then also decided to partake in the energy audit and all the government rebates being offered this tax year to make our home more energy efficient. With all the renovations (and Christmas shopping) our current credit line balance has grown to $23,900 *GASP*. We have not received our rebates back yet except for $150 which we will have to just pay back to have the final audit done, so when we get this money back it should reduce this number. Also, the $800 Reliance cheque I mentioned last week should be here any day to help with that. I do have a few more gifts and stocking stuffers to buy and then I am DONE for this Christmas season. Other anticipated money coming our way is Blake's vacation pay & annual bonus (for not taking summer holidays) and of course a tax return. I don't know how much these figures will be and I hate to guess and get myself disappointed. This money will be thrown at the credit line except for $1500 which we will set aside for a trip out East to visit my extended family this summer. That means that in 2010 Blake will not receive an annual bonus because he will be taking summer holidays but with Zack in school we don't have much of a choice. On another note I received a cheque for $11.85 today from Glade! Yeah! I love getting paid to buy stuff :)

0 comments:

 

This Housewife's Life Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon