Wednesday, December 2, 2009

2010 Goals

Talking about my financial plans in yesterday's blog post inspired me to write out all my goals for 2010. So here we go:

FINANCIAL -

PAY OFF the Credit Line ($23,900) - This is going to be the hardest challenge for us for 2010. We should be able to knock off a good chunk over this next month and then its going to take some discipline (more on my husband's part). Blake gets restless and likes to spend money on a whim more so than I do, however he has no idea about our finances usually as this is "my job".

Contribute $30/month to MY RRSP - Since I took money out of my RRSP for a down payment on our house in 2003 I am required to pay back $115 annually over 15 years. I paid back a huge chunk a few years ago so I don't have much left to pay back but $30/month will cover my required 2010 contribution.

$1500 for trip out East - We figure this will be more than enough for gas, 2 hotel stays, food and entertainment. I am hoping that our tax return will cover this.

Coupons - I love coupons but it is easy to get things that are "FREE" that you don't need or a "REALLY great deal". I DO NOT need any more shampoo, shaving cream, razors, etc for the next few years. Seriously. I am planning on living off my stockpile as much as possible in 2010 and really limiting my deals on Health & Beauty & Cleaning supplies. Food doesn't not count here.


PERSONAL/FAMILY -

Potty Train Avelyn 100% - She started in June 2009 and did well to start, however if we put her in a Pull-Up for a day (like if we travel) its starting at Square 1 again. Most of the time she will go Number 1 on the potty and sometimes Number 2, then its like she says "Eff this" and decides its easiest for us to just clean her up. Whoever said girls were easier to train is a liar. LIAR!

More Holiday Celebrations - We do celebrate all holidays (birthdays, Christmas, etc.) but its usually half-assed. I plan to take more time with the kids and do crafts and decorate this year since they are at the perfect ages to enjoy holidays.

Bake More - This should help with the food costs. Once a week (cookies or something) is my goal. I would LOVE to do OAMC (Once a Month Cooking) but am planning on tackling this when we get a stand up freezer and the kids are both in school so I have the time.

Take More Family Pictures - This is a MUST. I am planning on making calendars for Christmas presents next year so I NEED to do this. Plus now I have a wicked camera so I have no excuses. One nice family photo is also on this To-Do list.

Better Communication with Blake - We communicate great, but need to talk more about finances. Blake is WAY laid back and likes to drop bombs on me like "Oh ya, the van needs _____ replaced NOW, I forgot to tell you last month, and its going to cost $$$". This conversation usually takes place after a large purchase. I don't know shit about cars and never take repairs into consideration because I have the mindset "It just went in for service" blind to the fact something else can go wrong ANY time. I need to pay more attention here and ask Blake questions to keep us on track.

So there you have it - the general goals for 2010! Wish me Luck!

0 comments:

 

This Housewife's Life Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon