Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Surprise Visit

So yesterday as I was beginning to clean my kitchen, someone knocks on the door. We live in a small town of about 1000 people 45 minutes each way from the nearest big city so this is very rare. Usually, if someone knocks on the door its someone selling something so I hesitantly answered it. Much to my surprise it was my sister-in-law and niece who live 1 1/2 hours away! Wow, I was surprised but delighted at the same time. They presented me with coffee (Tim Hortons, mmm), a very beautiful gently used and expensive snowsuit that my niece had outgrown and a box of chicken. Now I am certainly the bargain hunter of the family but my sister-in-law has some hook up through Maple Lodge Farms where she gets a huge box of chicken (approx. 45 pieces) for $45.00! And it's so yummy! Funny thing she had called Blake's cell phone in the morning and I answered it as he was sleeping (he works midnights) and she chatted briefly and let me go(she was calling him to see how I liked my coffee, sneaky girl). We had a really lovely visit overall, and I'm not just saying that - she doesn't even know I blog. She had to leave to go to work so I quickly finished up my cleaning (well, most of it).

My daughter Avelyn was asking to go outside and drive the Power Wheels later that afternoon but she's a much better passenger than driver. Since Zack was in school and I'm too big I decided to take a chance and go over to the neighbour's house to see if they wanted to come play with it too. Unfortunately, the youngest boy was sleeping so only the 5 year old girl could come out. She drove Avelyn around for awhile and they had fun. My hopes was for the kids to all come out and play while I got to know the mother. Ah, well.

0 comments:

 

This Housewife's Life Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon