Wednesday, December 16, 2009

House Cleaning Schedule

How do you clean your house? Well, I have tried 2 methods.

Method 1


- Clean each room of the house all in one day

Method 2

- Pick 1-2 rooms and divide over 5 days (Monday-Friday)

Pros of Method 1

- Entire housework complete in 1 day
- Flexibility on which day to clean

Cons of Method 1

- Very exhausting
- Frustrating as children constantly interrupting
- Frustrating as one room gets cleaned and then someone messes it up while I'm cleaning another room
- Cleaning not done as thoroughly due to lack of energy and time

Pros of Method 2


- Cleaning gets done thoroughly in each room
- Not as exhausting

Cons of Method 2


- Work to be done everyday
- If work does not get complete on one day, spills over to the next

Right now I switched over to Method 2, 1-2 rooms per day. It helps me stay more organized and not so burnt out or frustrated from the constant interruptions from kids. I have a list of what needs to be completed in each room which is helpful. Each day of the week is different each week with Zack going to school alternate days and Lisa coming over to be babysat different days each week. The days it`s just me and Avelyn I do the more difficult rooms like the kitchen. I actually like to clean when I can be free to just work at it. I gives me a sense of accomplishment and I get lost in my thoughts while doing the work. Also its a great workout! I hate it when I get pulled away from unfinished work. Absolutely hate it! Anyway, it`s kitchen day so off I go!

0 comments:

 

This Housewife's Life Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon