Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It Wouldn't Be Christmas Without Drama

AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I am super pissed. Here's why:

Every American Thanksgiving (end of November) my mother goes to the States to purchase a turkey for stupid cheap for Christmas. A few years ago I decided to go with her to get the turkey for my husband's Christmas dinner and I bought this huge turkey for about $14.00! That Christmas Eve as we were waiting to sit down for dinner I asked one of my sister-in-laws who was cooking how she was making out with my turkey. She confided in me that she did not cook the turkey I bought as my other sister-in-law's husband only liked "Butterball" turkeys so her mother gave it away to another family and they went out and bought a Butterball. It took every ounce of patience I had in my body not to lose it and tell off the family right then and there.

Fast forward to October 2009 when we were all discussing this year's Christmas and I was asked to go to the states to purchase the Christmas turkey by my husband's family. Figuring if I bought a "Butterball" we would be okay, so I agreed.

November was a stupid busy month for us with Zack's skating lessons ever Saturday, home renovations and Jenna every other weekend that it took some major juggling but I was able to squeeze in the trip with my mom and besides a few Christmas presents the turkey was the main reason for shopping. I luckily found a Butterball turkey for $13.00 so I bought it and we took it to my sister-in-law's house for storage.

Today Blake comes home and announces that his brother-in-law received a turkey from his work for Christmas and we will not be using the one I bought. I friggin' flipped out!!! Then he tells me they want us to bring a salad or dessert. No effin' way! First of all I am stupid mad about the effort it took to get the damn BUTTERBALL turkey and we live in the damn country with no grocery stores to get the salad or dessert! Meanwhile, one of my sister-in-laws lives across the street from a HUGE No Frills! Seriously!

I told Blake to tell his sister to bring MY turkey on Christmas and I will give it to my parents to use for Easter. I am done. This year my contribution to his family Christmas dinner will not be turkey, salad or dessert. It will be not punching family members in the face. Maybe.

0 comments:

 

This Housewife's Life Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon